DO NOT USE NORTH AMERICAN Van Lines.Every piece of furniture they brought off the truck was damaged.

Their customer service is horrible. I would never recommend them to anyone. They lost quite a few of my articles, put a huge hole in my down comforter, and packed heavy pots uncovered in with my lamps. All of my lamps are damaged and broken.

They threw my things off the truck like it was a fire drill. Save your money and stress for a different mover. Every mover I have used is awful. North American was the worse.

I have moved 8 times so I know.I have yet to find a decent moving company.

Had an Experience with North American Van Lines?

Comments

This is a response to Karen Lenn.My husband and myself are owner/operators for North American and you are completely wrong in saying that they;

"go to an agency and have them hire the driver.

And they don't have packers and loaders...those come from agencies, too. So, in their eyes, they are not responsible for ANYTHING!!!"

Ma'am your completely wrong on all of this. Each company/office hires just as most every other company doing business does. They do not use an agency as you stated.

And yes, there is driver training, you cannot get a job driving a tractor trailer without a government issued CDL A or B on which you have to take government tests for and also pass driving tests. They also have packers and loaders and most drivers have their own crew with them on every single job. I am sorry that you had a bad experience but please do not included every single hard working person in your generalization. Some of us are on the road weeks at a time and though it is our choice of jobs we work extremely hard to provide nothing but top notch service.

And as far as packing your own boxes we cannot be completely responsible for what we cannot see inside of a box because unfortunately there have been times where people packed their own and it was packed broken intentionally and tried to claim it so as all else in life they ruined it for the honest people. We are packing and moving whether is is 105 degrees or 10 below zero and freezing cold....

It comes out of OUR pockets, not the company which is something most do not know so believe me when I tell you we are VERY careful.:sigh

"go to an agency and have them hire the driver.

This is to movinghelper.I used North American, too.

I packed a lot of my own boxes, but was told that they need to pack things to be responsible for the boxes. Oh, they packed, okay. 1 lampshade in a box. But something that came in pieces with just a tag on it.

So, believe it or not, not all the pieces made it. In their add on this website, they talk about driver training, etc. They don't even have drivers. They go to an agency and have them hire the driver.

And that includes the dates that they tell you that you'll receive your shipment.:(

You say you moved 8 times and every move was awful.I cannot believe that, unless you are going on the cheap each time.

There are plenty of good movers out there. If youa r epackign your own items and do a terrible job at it, it is not the movers fault. If you are shopping price along and not qulity it is your own fault. I help out a lot of people with their moves and very very few have any complaints.

So the next time you move, look at the process you are taking to decide on who to use.It is either that or there is just no satisfying you.