North American moved my belongings to my new home in Idaho. I purchased extra ins.

Since I have so many one of a kind items.

When the driver arrived he waisted 2hours trying to get two of the helpers that the van line was going to provide to move things into my new home. No one was sent to help him. He asked me if I could drive him to get workers (can you believe that)?? I realized that they weren't with the company as he began to ask people at the taco stand if they wanted to earn some money for the day.

If that wasn't enough the driver was so upset that the company didn't send him anyone to help, that he pulled, yes pulled things out of the van line, as he was breaking my items. I was livid. Absolutely incredible. So I claimed my many one of a kind items to the insurance co.

And they said they would cut me a check for 400.00.

Many of my items are worth thousands of dollars. What an insult. They won't even find me someone to repair the items which can be repaired.

So now I have filed a dispute claim against the Company. DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY.

THEY ARE CARELESS. Rip offs!!

Comments

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #658965

What people reading this need to understand....this one particular north american agent mentioned did a terrible job obviously from what we have read. However, there are HUNDREDS of other great agents all over the world representing North American. When agents such as these get bad complaints, NA will drop them from the North American family.

My family is an agent here in Florida. We never use "day laborers", or hired help who have no experience. Also we offer full replacement value for items damaged. It aapears she should have purchased this extra insurance and it could have saved her some problems.

The most important thing in choosing your mover...check their reputation from the local area you are moving out of.. ANGIESLIST.com. will tell you all the good and bad you want to know about movers you are considering.